New wall layer dimension issue

Leckie

I added a new layer (1 in rigid insulation) to the interior of my exterior wall. (As per contractor's request)

When I dimension my walls, I like to dimension exterior and interior dimensions to the wall Stud.

I can't get the dimension marker to attach to the stud layer.  I tried making changes in the wall settings dimension to.. (if I select the new insulation layer, all my exterior dimensions change to the interior stud) I can get the exterior dimensions to go back to the proper stud layer location but I have to change all my exterior dimensions manually.

I also tried changing in the preferences, but still not helping the situation.

Am I missing something?

Would be nice to be able to manually attach my dimension line to any layer of a wall assembly.

Please help.

Thank you kindly

Dimension layer.jpg

Dimension preferences.jpg

Wall setting.jpg

Hi Eric,

It is very prelim. I am at the stage of locating my interior walls.
Which is where I am having my problems.
I would typically have an 8ft room dimensioned 8'-1" stud to stud. (eg. top left room)
In this case I want 8'-2" stud to stud but can't get the dimension off my insulation layer and attach to the interior stud layer.

Thank you for looking.

Purdon.plan

Thank you for the video!

I have no idea what is going on in my plan.

I was using end to end... I tried the other versions point to point and interior.

I am still getting the same results... I goes from insulation layer to center, skipping the stud layer.

32 minutes ago, Leckie said:

I added a new layer (1 in rigid insulation) to the interior of my exterior wall. (As per contractor's request)

When I dimension my walls, I like to dimension exterior and interior dimensions to the wall Stud.

Try moving the Interior Insulation to the Interior Layers ...not the framing (main) layer

image.thumb.png.0e55d1f11de7b738c3c149e82c7d6fac.png 

• Upvote 2