library clean up

winterdd

Every since I upgraded to X13, my library has been unorganized. I have learned to adapt to it. If we cannot drag and drop the files back in the correct folders how can this be fixed? I will use this info for when I go to X14 as well. User catalog should only be the symbols I make correct?

image.thumb.png.77a6ff26c520265896b3a4d26dc4f02e.png

Yes only symbols and folders that you make.

FORGOT- if you have made symbols in X14 select them and export them first.

IF your X13 user catalog is correct then go to Chief X14 data folder, database libraries and delete User_Library.calib, the copy that from the X13 data folder and paste into the X14 folder. (with Chief off then open it and should be fine.)

OR group select all the unwanted folders assuming those are copies of your core catalogs which is what they look like.

8 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Wait, took another look and it appears your bonus catalogs are in the wrong place. Not sure how that got that way or what to do then. Maybe check C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X14\Bonus Libraries

I am still on X13 and was wanting to clean this up. I don't plan on going to X14 anytime soon, at least not until the end of the year. I apparently did not export correctly when I went from X12. All my stuff is there but it would be nice to clean it up. 

1 hour ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I am still on X13 and was wanting to clean this up. I don't plan on going to X14 anytime soon, at least not until the end of the year. I apparently did not export correctly when I went from X12. All my stuff is there but it would be nice to clean it up. 

Hello Rob,

Exports from the library (i.e. Right-Clicking a folder and selecting "Export Library...") will always be imported under your User Catalog.

It is not necessary to export your libraries when upgrading versions.

If you still have X12, you could quickly fix this by copying the content in C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X12\Referenced Files and C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X12\Bonus Libraries to the corresponding X13 folders. It would be a good idea to close Chief, and make a backup of your X13 folders before you do this.

To avoid this problem for X14, you can migrate Core, Bonus and Manufacturer libraries between versions.

Ensure this is checked when you launch X14 for the first time:

image.thumb.png.6c62ca3950c71d07a863b92a69adbbb9.png

• Upvote 1