Help...electrical connection lines combine when edited

texashouseplans

Hello everyone,

Here's a problem I've had for several years, hoping new program updates will fix it, but no luck. My electrical connections lines connect together when I try to edit the arc radius. For example if I have a switch connected to 3 different lights in a series...I edit the arc radius and the connections lines at a light break point will combine two connection lines into one like a continuous spline.

This only happens after I close and reopen the file, it never happens when I am originally creating an electrical plan.

Super annoying because I normally have to delete and redo all connection lines in that light series. I've called CA several times about this over the years and they say it's a problem they have never seen and don't know whats wrong.

Any ideas or has anyone else seen this? Using X13 right now. I've attached a video with an example.

Thank you!

- Rainer Mundy

Texas House Plans LLC

Chief Architect Premier X13

Pretty sure I have seen that happen before but can't reproduce it in a small test plan.  Have you sent tech a plan file with the issue?

If you have and they can't figure it out you can always post the file here.

I could not reproduce your problem and I could not find any bug reports in our bug database related to this problem.  

The only way I can think of that something like this might happen is if your lights somehow became unattached from the electrical connections. It is possible that if the connection is not attached to the light that simply editing the shape will cause it to attach to another connection instead of the light.  This could probably also happen if the "light" is not really an electrical symbol as well.

In any case, it is pretty easy to see if your connections are actually attached to the light.  Just select the light and move it.  If the electrical connection does not go with it, then it is not actually attached to the light.

If your "lights" are really lights, and your electrical connections have become unattached somehow, then please try to determine how they became unattached.  If you can figure out how to do this, then please report this to our technical support team.  Please also include a simple plan and steps for how to reproduce this problem.

If your lights are attached to the electrical connections, and the connections are joining together instead of staying attached to the lights, then please report this to our technical support team.  Please include this plan and clear steps for what you are doing when they start to behave badly (or include a video like you did above).  

• Upvote 1

The lights are lights (I checked), and I'm not sure how they have become detached. In the home shown in the video above I moved the light and the connections lines were no longer attached. But I know they connect initially because the 3-way switches automatically convert, and we can initially move the light with the connection lines attached moving with no problems. And this is not a rare thing where maybe somebody disconnected the line manually, it is on just about every set of lights. It only happens after the plan has been opened and closed maybe a few times and by different designers. Even the lights that had the connection lines perfectly in the center did the same spline thing when trying to adjust the arc radius.

Any ideas or other solutions to fix this? Or would you like me to send the file Dermot?

Please post the plan or send it in to tech support.  We will look into the plan and see if there is something wrong with it. 

My best guess is that there is a bug somewhere that caused the lights to lose there attachments with the electrical connections.  I know we had a bug in the past that caused this to happen when using the replace from library tool but this was fixed quite a while ago.  It is possible that we have something similar going on.  If you can figure out what is causing this, then please let us know.