Roof, ceiling, etc. seem locked.

KnotSquare

I seem unable to change the roof height, ceiling, etc. I have tried defaults, by room, etc. I need to raise it.

If you open the model and see S1, GRID 5-6 WINDOW WALL INT, open that view and there is an block created in AutoCAD to help me determine where I needed the heights to end up being I am not using conventional framing or insulation techniques on this home. The walls are 2x6 @ 16" OC, but inside of that is a true timber frame that will carry the roof.

I did put together a video that explains a lot if you find you have the time and to want to know my goal. It is at this address: (ok, it embedded it)

The arched timber frame trusses in the video where not what the client wanted and where removed in case they were blocking movement. If you look at S1, the new style is shown as well as explained in this video.

Just cannot get the roof to move and do not understand why.

Mark Farrar

Fisher Concept 2.plan

Just now, KnotSquare said:

Under Edit, do not see this. Please direct me to where I can find this function.

With the Roof Tools in the drop down near the bottom of the list. However you may also need to edit them individually if there are differences.

and Baseline Height was locked. the main roof is 12:12. The wings are 8:12. Easier to just delete the wings, fix the Cathedral and bring the wings back in (that have no design to them yet at all) or how would I just change the center section?

Build > Roof > Edit All Roof Planes.     You should have actually been given a warning directing you there trying to use defaults if I recall correctly as I have tried to do the same thing in the past. ;)

I got there easy enough. I was just asking if I can select only the center section that is 12:12 and leave the wings at 8:12 alone. In this case, erasing the wings is a non-issue as I have not done any design work there yet. If I learn how to just change the center section I will know something new for when I am further along in design.

1 minute ago, KnotSquare said:

I got there easy enough. I was just asking if I can select only the center section that is 12:12 and leave the wings at 8:12 alone. In this case, erasing the wings is a non-issue as I have not done any design work there yet. If I learn how to just change the center section I will know something new for when I am further along in design.

Sure, once you are committed to manual roof planes they can be selected and adjusted manually one at a time or similar planes in a group.

2 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

If I use tranform/replicate, will it turn off my automatic roof build? I try not to do that until I am as far along in design as I can get.

Sorry I suppose I should have looked at you file but yes stick with the build roof DBX if you are still doing auto roof.

Eric,

No worries. I have been plating with this roof for so long and setting rediculous heights, when I turned Auto back on it is a tower! If you want to see the intention, in the floor plan, double click on S1 by the window wall in the Great Room. It has an AutoCAD overlay.

If not, thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious.

Mark