3d model help - I need help converting a .max file into something I can import into chief.

EMchue

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone would be able to convert some 3D symbols I have into something I can import into chief. 

I need some specific symbols for a design I am doing and an unable to figure out how to convert them (including their textures) into one of the formats chief will allow to be imported as a symbol. I have tried pulling the obj and fbx files into sketchup but they are missing the textures and these are quite complicated collections, too many textures to add back in one at at time. I only have a basic knowledge of sketchup and have a mac computer which doesn't support 3ds max (the only program i have come across to do this). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

They are big files so i can zip and email them if someone is willing to help. 

Thanks, 
Emily 

48 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I have another program that may be able to convert the .fbx files to .dae

Willing to give it a try if you like.

Just a hunch, not worth the effort, fbx files created for 3ds max,more often than not, have no regard for poly count. Chop, I imagine you already knew that. 
curious to see how this pans out. 
also to the OP, blender is free and available for Mac 

4 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Just a hunch, not worth the effort, fbx files created for 3ds max,more often than not, have no regard for poly count. Chop, I imagine you already knew that. 
curious to see how this pans out. 
also to the OP, blender is free and available for Mac 

I know, it will be slow and painful to render but not much choice in this instance as they are so specific to the project- finger crossed!!