Roof Overhang

HartDeNoble

46 minutes ago, HartDeNoble said:

Are we able to change where the default roof overhang measures from? I would like it to be from the main wall layer (framing) to the outside of the sub-fascia. 

However you can simply add the thickness of finish fascia &/or shadow boards to the default overhangs and then it'll at least build correctly. If you dimension roof planes in plan view, then you'll need to devise a workaround to dimension to the subfascia. I use a point marker in plan view to dimension the overhang correctly.

image.thumb.png.9293aa9db283449b22853c9ac2590353.pngimage.thumb.png.61b664857f39b12aca2e963c0d6ab4a0.png

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

However you can simply add the thickness of finish fascia &/or shadow boards to the default overhangs and then it'll at least build correctly. If you dimension roof planes in plan view, then you'll need to devise a workaround to dimension to the subfascia. I use a point marker in plan view to dimension the overhang correctly.

image.thumb.png.9293aa9db283449b22853c9ac2590353.pngimage.thumb.png.61b664857f39b12aca2e963c0d6ab4a0.png

That makes sense, thanks for the tip, I will have to do this. 

16 minutes ago, HartDeNoble said:

That makes sense, thanks for the tip, I will have to do this. 

As for tips, I should point out that I only include that addition when using a board-type of fascia or shadow board. For aluminum fascia, I don't bother to add 1/16", I leave it at an even number, like 18" or 24" for example.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:26 PM, robdyck said:

As for tips, I should point out that I only include that addition when using a board-type of fascia or shadow board. For aluminum fascia, I don't bother to add 1/16", I leave it at an even number, like 18" or 24" for example.

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.