Color jpeg images in layout sheets

TheoryDesign

Occasionally I'll drag & drop a color image (jpeg or screen snip) into Chief. They're usually photos or map screenshots that need to be shown in color but change to black and white. It's happening in both plan files & on layout sheets. I think I've gone through all of the image settings once pasted into Chief, as well as misc file default settings and system preferences, and have also searched the reference guide with no luck. This seems like it should be a quick toggle of something. Any ideas?

That is strange. Colors should stay put.

The default toolbar has a toggle on the far right - for color on & off. But still... that shouldn't be happening randomly in both plan and layout. 

As an experiment, what happens if you click on the image file, hold the shift key, and then make it into a CAD block?

Maybe that will prevent the color from changing.  

Snip20220412_8.thumb.png.c9ba8367cc2cecf122b9374fa59e5af1.png

Snip20220412_9.png

Thank you. Your first suggestion (color toggle) worked best for what I needed right away. I didn't realize its status on my layout coversheet. It looks to be all or nothing throughout the entire set, however.

The other option (turning a jpeg into a cad block) was a great idea but it won't override whatever decision was made with the above toggle button.

Ideally I'd find a way to isolate elements on a sheet for color purposes. While most things will always be b&w/grayscale, I do prefer the project photo/rendering on my coversheet to be in color, as well as my titleblock logo on all sheets to be in color. Hmmm.

9 hours ago, TheoryDesign said:

While most things will always be b&w/grayscale, I do prefer the project photo/rendering on my coversheet to be in color, as well as my titleblock logo on all sheets to be in color. Hmmm.

Glad to be of help. My logo is likewise colored, and similarly, I like to keep all the image files colored as well... even though they can be set to b &w.

On a side... Any viewport (on a layout page) can be toggled as color on or color off.

I could be wrong but it appears from the quoted text that maybe you wish to have grey scale on certain pages, and color on others?

If you click on a view port (when in layout), the dialogue box will appear. That's where you can control each layout sheet individually. 

Hope this helps... and all the best in gaining more perspective with the program. 

Snip20220413_26.png

17 hours ago, TheoryDesign said:

It looks to be all or nothing throughout the entire set, however.

Have you tried this setting? seems to work for me for logos and imported Jpegs even if Print to Color is Off 

image.thumb.png.ee0f3f7ec46817d16fc16c3a39910fa1.png