Editing imported cad block

stager386

Hello:  I imported a chair as an .skp file.  I placed it in my plan and exploded the CAD block so I could edit the components of the chair.  In the CAD Block Window I make edits (I want to remove the cushion). I then made the chair into a cad block again. I saved it as a library item.  I try to drop the new version into my plan but it doesn't show in camera view. I assume I am missing a step somewhere, where I need to turn it into a fixture.  I have gone through all the information I can find on CA and the videos, and nothing seems to answer my question.  Any thoughts?  Thank you.

image.png

Chair+Dali.skp

You don't need to do anything to the CAD Block...........

In a 3D camera use the Delete Surface Tool to remove the Top of the Cushion and the The Side "Ring"

Leave the bottom for now ( or you won't have a seat ) then Select the Chair and save it as

a new Symbol > Furniture-Interior to your Library , now once place back in the plan you can

change the Chair's 2 Materials to those of your choosing.

image.thumb.png.ea95344fe30f341d59af48e715599b17.png

10 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You don't need to do anything to the CAD Block...........

In a 3D camera use the Delete Surface Tool to remove the Top of the Cushion and the The Side "Ring"

Leave the bottom for now ( or you won't have a seat ) then Select the Chair and save it as

a new Symbol > Furniture-Interior to your Library , now once place back in the plan you can

change the Chair's 2 Materials to those of your choosing.

image.thumb.png.ea95344fe30f341d59af48e715599b17.png

Oh thank you!!!