Double-Sided Exterior Wall?

CastleLake

Go to solution Solved by MoeGia,

Newbie to Home Designer Pro! I've watched a bunch of tutorials, taken the bootcamp, and searched the help system and forum... Seems like I'm missing something very simple?

How do you make a wall that has exterior on both sides? For example: an exterior accent wall (like the pony wall (?) in the pic coming off the left-side of the entry) OR specifically the walls making up the exposed Covered Entry in the pic--which would have a foundation, ceiling, roof, and most-importantly an exterior layer (stone) on both sides? Do I need to create this type of wall from scratch? Isn't this a common thing?

I've tried create a new wall type and altering a specific drawn exterior wall to no avail. Scratching my head here and feeling silly that I can't figure it out! 

Double Exterior Wall.png

• Solution

Yes, you would create a custom wall type.  I'd start from an existing wall.  in the wall dialog box, select the wall type, copy it, rename accordingly and make your changes.  

It looks like you'd need three different wall types for the three double sided walls to get the correct thickness.  if the stone veneer isn't full hgt, you may need 3 pony wall types too.

First get the door wall correct, then copy to create the new.

@solver Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll head there!

@MoeGia That makes sense. I think the solution works for Home Designer Pro as well. Just thought it would be simpler. Thank you!  BTW, I used to be a camper (and then a camp counselor) at Grotonwood!

1 hour ago, CastleLake said:

@solver Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll head there!

@MoeGia That makes sense. I think the solution works for Home Designer Pro as well. Just thought it would be simpler. Thank you!  BTW, I used to be a camper (and then a camp counselor) at Grotonwood!

No way!  My daughter went there a couple of years.  She loved it and so close to home!  Small world!