What should I fix first about my basement?

bdillard1

Hello,

Before we fix my 1st floor truss structure, or any wall framing,

image.thumb.png.900e79784b531f7150e2edefd51f3f2b.png

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AonCBRorVv74rBiIcrwMhFkg16dY?e=QhJulE

I thought I'd ask for anything I should know about fixing the walls and floor of my basement.   For now it will be an unfinished basement - no idea if I'll change that - depends on the slope of the land which I haven't purchased yet.     I'm going to skip windows for now just to try and focus on one thing at a time or at least as few as possible as I get lost when I try to fix one thing it often makes something else all catawampus as I'm still at the early stage of learning the basics of CA.   I'm sure I'll add windows but for now I want to fix the wall structure and the floor.

I'd like to use this method of insulation as I haven't any reports that CC can cause efflorescence with the cement.   I was going to go with 10" 3/4" stone, then 2" of EPS then the closed cell - not sure if I need the 10 mil poly or not.  4" cement floor.

I'm not sure if I'd use a dimple mat or a protection board.

28 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

Is this the sort of question I should ask in services offered section and pay someone?   I'm fine if it is, I want to use this forum the way it is intended.

If you want to hire someone to help with this, post in the 'Seeking Services' section not 'Offering Services'.

• Like 1