Missing Extended Toolbar Configuration

LaurieD

Hi all - I am a brand new user to CA interiors and have watched a few videos which suggest adjusting the settings, toolbars, etc. 

Several suggest using Extended toolbar Configuration as a first step.... and I am missing the Extended and the Terrain Config files entirely. I have the Space Planning and the Default Configurations.  Is there a download center where i can import these files to my computer? A quick search comes up with nothing on installing these as it seems they should be part of the default install. 

Thanks for any help you can provide

Screenshot (2).png

Chief always uses Premier for their videos, so it's up to you to understand the differences.

Interiors is intended more for interior work and lacks tools that you will often want. If you are a serious user, you might consider an upgrade at some point.

Please check your messages -- envelope icon top of page.

As mentioned above, most of the training videos have been recorded using Premier.  You will see some differences because Interiors is subset of the features in Premier.

Interiors does not come with the Extended or Terrain toolbar configurations.  These configurations have a number of tools that are not available in Interiors.  You could get a copy of these toolbar configurations and try them out but I don't recommend it because they will be missing a lot of tools.

Instead you can use the Customize Toolbars feature to add any tools you want to your current configuration.  You can also create your own toolbar configurations to quickly switch your available tools.  More information about customizing toolbars can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00811/customizing-toolbars.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5407/customizing-the-toolbars.html?playlist=81

• Upvote 1

thanks all - I will update my signature to provide my background & CA version, etc. Apologies for not setting that up before posting. :-)

I appreciate the point in the right direction re: the difference between premier and interiors. I thought I was watching an interior settings video & must have been mistaken. So, that makes sense for me not to have the toolbar recommended in the video. At the moment, my firm pays the subscription -- until I am proficient, I would like to stay at the interiors version. 

Thank you all!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Faze5_3D
    Newest Member
    Faze5_3D

• By MitchV
      I apologize in advance if you see this as a duplicate post.  The first post may have been in the wrong forum...  New user issues, lol

Long story short, we import European cabinets that do not have a manufactures catalog for any software.  So far Chief seems to be the best solution for design and shop drawing creation but I have a few questions.

1. Has anyone set up a complete catalog of cabinets in the library?
      2. Can a custom catalog be imported or does each object need to be created an saved?
      3. What about the import of custom finishes, can this be done in bulk?

Is creating our own library even the right approach to the problem?  Open to professional feedback

Thanks, Mitch 
    • By MitchV
      Long story short, we import European cabinets that do not have a manufactures catalog for any software.  So far Chief seems to be the best solution for design and shop drawing creation but I have a few questions.

1. Has anyone set up a complete catalog of cabinets in the library?
      2. Can a custom catalog be imported or does each object need to be created an saved?
      3. What about the import of custom finishes, can this be done in bulk?

Is creating our own library even the right approach to the problem?  Open to professional feedback

Thanks, Mitch 
    • By jkonecny
      Hello,

I'm needing some help. Just getting started with CA X10 and with a new Surfacebook 2 machine. I have the GTX 1060 GPU version 398.36 (most up to date version).
      The problem i'm having is that if I open up a 3d view, then close the 3d view after no longer needing it, my 2d plan view seems to do some weird freeze thing where I can no longer see my mouse or anything. Of course I know that the program isn't freezing because I can still utilize the file/save screen and can still exit the software. If I open another 3d view prior to exiting, I can switch back to the plan view with no problem and everything works as it should. However, the moment I close a camera or 3d view, my 2d plan goes straight to crap and I end up having to save and completely re-open the program.

I've read some of the other topics that include issues like this in the past (a year or so ago) but i'm wondering if there is something i'm missing that I need to do? other than installing an old out of date Nvidia Driver. 
    • By RobersonConstruc
      Any One With Suggestions:

I just started working for a construction company, I am the drafter/estimator. I have never used Chief Architect before. Any tips or suggestions would be a great help. I am watching the tutorials. I have drawn a floor plan so far. From the tutorials I see there are a lot options and possibilities. I will start with something simple. Is there a way to trim a wall up to another wall? Anything anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.
    • By rdHobbyist
      Hello, 

I'm a new hobbyist using Premier X7, so please forgive the absences of industry jargon.

I'm trying to create a shed and when I complete the shed outside walls, the two, last placed walls, extend below the floor. Any ideas why?