SEH Crashes on fully spec'd MBP M1Max

para-CAD

I have been having this issue for a few weeks.  It's totally random so tech support was not able to solve the problem.

It has happened 4 times tonight.

Conditions:

- file is NOT in dropbox (maybe a sync conflict).

- not doing any 3D camera work.

- super simple design of a 6 post carport attached to a garage. (not posting the plan.  Bought it from Dan Baumann and it would like stealing to share it)

- one time I clicked Make CAD detail - - BOOM.  SEH pop up window

- one time in elevation, turned off shadows - - BOOM.  SEH pop up.

- I'm using the keyboard short cut to save like I have a nervous tick.

If I ever figure this out I will update.

Other than Chief Architects random fails, the new machine is rock solid.....and w-a-y faster than previous year models.

-- Mike

Everything in Chief is really 3D and there are all sorts of Issues with the new Graphics Engine ( Astral )

ranging from PCs with GTX 970 to 3090 Nvidia Cards , Win10 and Win 11 as well as various flavours

of MacOs and Hardware.

Is Dan's template from an earlier Chief Version? as I am having Issues with X12 plans brought forward

as well as other issues like CA locking up every time it saves for 3-9 mins... a real productivity Killer.

M.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't that be typical Murphy.

Use a great template from a previous version and it starts causing problems when it's updated to the next version.

That condition is just as valid as any one else.

The crashes are so random that I have yet to see a pattern. I guess I could start with a blank generic X 13 residential plan file and layout and construct custom ones myself. That might take a while.  When things slow down, I might just experiment a bit.  I'm sitting next to my win 11 desktop which I can't remember crashing chief on......so if it gets bad enough I will put macOS chief on hold.