Never Click 'Yes' when updating an Elevation View unless you have time to burn

kylejmarsh

100% of the time it's faster to update your elevation views directly in Layout, as opposed to when you're updating the view. Always say no and you will save a lot of time.

I've observed that this dialog is missing the 'hide for this session' like many of the others do, and therefore it seems like the Most Annoying Dialog that I Never Want To Say Yes To - therefore possibly making it the most useless thing in Chief. Actually a pretty good find now that I think of it. 

Anyway here is a graphic which explains it all. Enjoy!

1014572519_ScreenShot2022-01-20at11_35_30PM.thumb.png.4f965089025dd2800135fe2f9dc44e68.png

agreed, it needs that keep for session option. it is a rare day I do not have the layout open at the same time as the plan.

when i close CA with 8 or so open tabs, I get to click no for that window box multiple times, but then yes to the save plan and layout

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 11:46 PM, kylejmarsh said:

100% of the time it's faster to update your elevation views directly in Layout

+1 I always update within the layout, never when closing the elevation.... even though for me the time is about the same.

Two more great reasons to update within layout, or just hit NO when closing the elevation: 1) CAD and text elements already update in real time automatically, like plan views, so that's a big time saver as you can edit text and CAD in the elevation and close without updating and the change already happened, and 2) many times I changed the model and don't even need to open the elevation, I just need to update the view. Not having to open the elevation in these cases is a big time saver. Example: Changing roof pitch (among myriad other possible examples).

Edit: I'm talking strictly about elevation views sent as plot lines here.