Looking for zoom help with moving project to layout for printing

bkennedy74

HI all. 

I am a part time user of Chief. I am a GC and use it only when I need to to be honest, and I have a job that is a basic kitchen and 2 bathrooms that I want to send to a layout so I can print it up on large sheets for my workers to show them dimensions, electrical etc. I am having some issues understanding how it works in regards to size and printing. 

I would be eternally grateful if someone has a few minutes or so to jump on a zoom with me have a look at what I am doing and explain a few things. 

I went through the video but for some reason I am not able to replicate the video properly. 

thanks in advance. 

Kindest Regards,

Bret

So I don't need to export these plans to scale, so I uncheck the scale option. I choose send current screen to layout and the size is good depending on how zoomed in I am, but when choose the elevation to send to the layout, I go to the layout page and look at it it is not sharp, it is like it is reduced resolution. 

Is it a better option to choose 'send as image' ? Can you resize the image on the layout page to fit? 

and for some reason it is all in black and white

see attached screenshot

bret

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 11.55.00 AM.png

ahh perfect, got my colour back lol. Now for the other parts :)

I am assuming that exporting as image means that when you change something in the plan, that it doesn't update on the layout is that right? 

If I was to just use the layout, how do you adjust the size of the end result of the plan on the layout page?

4 minutes ago, bkennedy74 said:

I am assuming that exporting as image means that when you change something in the plan, that it doesn't update on the layout is that right? 

Yes

4 minutes ago, bkennedy74 said:

If I was to just use the layout, how do you adjust the size of the end result of the plan on the layout page?

Send to layout and use the scale option or if necessary adjust in layout using the "Rescale layout View" tool: 1082518224_RescaleLayoutViewtool.JPG.21f540fd4f0fcca840aea37d3abf50e9.JPG