Newbie Dimension Question

lopemanc

I am new to CA Suites 2015 and have managed to produce a floor plan.  The automatic dimessions seem fine.  But I have some items located throughout the plan where I really want to add location Dimension lines.  An example is a light location.  I want to add dimmension lines from a wall to the lights center.  Ever Dimension tool I try just draw a line and then dissapears on button release.  I can draw dimensions between walls and they stay. Thanks for your help.

CA Suites - aka HD Suites is one of the HD product line produced by CA

most of the HD users won't find any benefit from posting or following the Chieftalk forum

they will find better responses on the Hometalk forum

only HD PRO users should consider following Chieftalk

CA needs to make this clearer to new users

this confusion only causes frustration on the part of many :(

Lew

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FireflyHomes
    Newest Member
    FireflyHomes

• By Emma04
      I use Chief architect pro x14. Is there a way to lock wall length once done with imputing all your walls? Every time I try and use the room divider tool my wall always changes lengths; I thinks its just because of the angle I watched a video on how to fix it and was just wondering if there an option to lock your walls from the dimensions changing and not just being able to select them because of the active layer display . I'm new to Chief architect and when I used Revit it had a lock constraint next to the dimensions line, so I never had this problem before. Does Chief Architect not have this as a feature?
    • By jbur91
      Using Chief X12 and have a question about rounding.

Is there a way to make dimensions round to the nearest fraction? Using the manual dimensioning tools, the program is rounding inconsistently. For example, I have my current dimension defaults set to show fractions to the nearest 1/2". However, it won't round to the nearest 1/2", it will only round down. One measurement in particular is 10'-4.94", and it's showing up on the floor plan as 10'-4 1/2" instead of 10'-5" like I want it to. This is causing exterior dimensions to appear inconsistent and is overall a huge headache for me.

Is there some setting I'm not aware of that is preventing the dimensions from rounding up when I need them to?

Thanks,

Jack
    • By Ange822
      Good morning, would anyone know how to show the dimensions text horizontally and not parallel to where the dimensions is being taken?
      I am tried looking in preferences / setting / other chief talks with no luck.

Much appreciated!

• By EMBARC
      Hi all! I have recently upgraded from X11 to X13 and have found a wee niggle when showing dimensions. Previously, I could show an internal dimension with the markers indicating the outer wall as a reference (to ensure the reader that the dimension is internal). When I click the dimension line they appear, but when I click off they disappear.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!