Link documents/photos via text

RobWhite

I have just completed a document with final specification/scope of works page. I produced this page in word with a link to site photos on my cloud, which works fine in word or PDF format, but once I import that PDF page to chief I lose the link. 

Any ideas how I keep or make the link?

I thinking this can probably be done through Ruby 

Have you tried printing it to PDF ?  If it is a full URL link the text will be recognized by Adobe and the link will be maintained.

Otherwise you can create a text link in chief or do you want to be able to link to the file from your plan or layout file ?

8 minutes ago, RobWhite said:

I have tried printing as well and exporting to PDF and I have not been able to get the function transferred. I am also use the genuine Adobe DC.

It should work fine as long as the link has not been shortened.

9 minutes ago, RobWhite said:

How to I create a link in chief?

It is a Standard Text feature that works within the software but can also function in the resulting PDF if you use the full URL link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I do not know how to use Chief, but this thread seemed like an appropriate place to ask.  I'm hoping there are members on here that use both Chief and AutoCAD. 

I have project meeting notes and team tasks that I would like to include in a drawing sheet.  The meeting notes get updated as items are reviewed and finalized by the team.  In CAD, you can use an external reference in the sheet to hyperlink to an external doc, which refreshes as those docs are updated.  Is there a similar function/feature in Chief?  Or is there a plugin?  How would someone handle this situation, where the notes being generated in a word processing environment need to be added and continuously updated on a sheet in real time?

The issue stems from not all of the team has access to Chief, so they are using a word doc to type up notes for the staff who will be designing based on the notes provided.  (Hopefully that makes sense.)

I apologize if this is what is being asked in this thread, and I'm missing it.  Or if this is a completely different issue than what this thread is about.  Thanks!