Dogear Arch Doorway: Change Slope??

WoodGrain

Hi,

I'm working with modeling a framed opening of the "dogear arch" type in chief.

I am wondering if there is a way to change the slope of the angled part of the doorway to match the slope of the slanted roof/ceiling (30°).

Does anyone know if this can be done?

I found an old thread about altering the slope for "Dogear arch" windows, but the option to do so with doors does not seem to be present.

btw, the short wall in the attached images is just a cabinet that has been modified

doorway.PNG

Untitled 2.jpg

no but one way it to draw the shape in elevation. Select the angle and make paralell. Then in elevation break the wall at the bottom corners of the shape, drag the middle up to create opening. Break again along top and drag to snap to the shape.

image.thumb.png.8c23ea79a2627a90c60f741ef55976a3.png

Then convert the polyline shape to a 3D molding line (at that point it's best to have deleted the bottom edge of the shape if you started with it) use casing for molding. You can then copy that and change the molding to something flat to fill in the door frame, will have to move that with transform replicate. Then can do another copy and change the casing to one that is reversed, for the other side, and move that. Bit of fussing and there could be an easier way? Not too bad though.

image.thumb.png.a594011e23c8fb43908bcdefb450bbd7.png

• Upvote 1