How do I Create a Upside Down Triangle Window

Joshlapp95

14 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

One of the easiest methods is to simply use a normal Fixture Symbol set to Inserts Into Wall and then adjust the Wall Cutout Polyline.

I am not finding this to work, as it does not allow me to adjust the wall cut out poly line. 

The other issue is, there is not frame, and it does not insert all the way through the wall, unless I set the glass to sit, on the inside finish layer. 

Thanks, 

image.thumb.png.13a1bbe386745efe1daeae8c1cb7d434.png

Same idea as Michael gives but just used the standard window shaped it to how I wanted the triangle then used the "Convert selected to Symbol" tool and created a fixture that inserts into wall, changed to window layer and include in schedule as a window, and in x13 used the Windows labels layer for the "set custom layer" option.

2 minutes ago, rgardner said:

image.thumb.png.13a1bbe386745efe1daeae8c1cb7d434.png

Same idea as Michael gives but just used the standard window shaped it to how I wanted the triangle then used the "Convert selected to Symbol" tool and created a fixture that inserts into wall, changed to window layer and include in schedule as a window, and in x13 used the Windows labels layer for the "set custom layer" option.

How did you get the shape of that bottom window? I am not able to get the bottom side of the triangle. 

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Same idea as Michael gives but just used the standard window shaped it to how I wanted the triangle

The bottom "window" was created from the top window.  I created a regular triangle window>

5 minutes ago, rgardner said:

used the "Convert selected to Symbol" tool and created a fixture that inserts into wall, changed to window layer and include in schedule as a window, and in x13 used the Windows labels layer for the "set custom layer" option.

I didn't mention but when you create the new symbol you will want to rotate the window in the Y axis 180 degrees so it is pointing down.

2 minutes ago, rgardner said:

The bottom "window" was created from the top window.  I created a regular triangle window>

I didn't mention but when you create the new symbol you will want to rotate the window in the Y axis 180 degrees so it is pointing down.

Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks.