Custom Window Glass issue

jtcapa1

For years, I've been spaying or using the rainbow tool to apply a custom stain glass pattern to windows, and now I've tried to set up my own folder with custom patterns.

I have run into an odd problem and I'm hoping you guys can help me sort out what I've done wrong?

• I created a *.png image of stain glass
  • I then created a user folder called "Stain Glass"
  • I then  created a new material, that I pulled in the image, set as a general material
  • I then tried to get the right horizontal and vertical offsets
  • I inserted a standard window, selected material "Glass" and changed to my custom one

It seems to paint the image on both the inside and the outside, but reversed.

I like the look, but how do I get it not to have two  images?

Window Glass Issue.jpg

There are likely a few methods that would work, but to avoid having to use a symbol window I would just take a cad detail from view of the window from and elevation view and then copy a polyline of the glass area back to the elevation view and snap a face to the polyline and paint that then carefully position it in plan view on the surface of the glass..

The problem is that the chief glass is essentially a polyline solid with 6 faces.  Four edges and then a front and back and I don't think there is a way to have a material map to that properly.

The "face" only has a single face so it works great for stained glass or fly screening.

image.thumb.png.8556b30b6aa6d5ee0722548b43e906c8.png