Locking Down Exterior Wall Dimensions?

DeltaHome

I had the benefit of having my plans reworked by a brilliant user of Chief Architect for which I am very grateful!

I am now going through the reworked plans and changing and adding minor things like materials, colors, etc.

However, one big thing that I need to change is the length and width of the building footprint.  The foundation (i.e., "0"), the grade level floor (i.e., "1"), and the floor above that (i.e., "2") all share the exact same footprint.   The floor above that (i.e., "3") is one-third shorter.  And there is a roof above that (i.e., "A").

When I change the length of the stem wall on foundation (i.e., "0") it does not change the length of the wall at the grade level floor (i.e., "1"), same for the floor above that (i.e., "2") but everything goes to heck when I try to change it in that it builds roofs on top of every wall I try to change on level "2" .

Finally, the dimensions seem to change on their own.  Assuming that I get them right and vertically aligned.  Is there anyway to lock down exterior dimensions?

I know my mentor is swamped and that he will get back to me when he can, but in the meantime I would like to try to accomplish this on my own.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, DeltaHome said:

When I change the length of the stem wall on foundation (i.e., "0") it does not change the length of the wall at the grade level floor (i.e., "1"), same for the floor above that (i.e., "2") but everything goes to heck when I try to change it in that it builds roofs on top of every wall I try to change on level "2" .

It does not work that way , moving a wall on any level will not move the wall below or above, ( how would the Program know you wanted that? and what if you didn't? ) .......... you need to go up or down a level and move the wall over the same amount, and check the Wall alignment Icon to make sure everything is perfect.

As Eric mentioned Turn off Autobuild Roofs for now............Menubar> Build>Roof> Build Roof and uncheck Auto Build.

also Level Zero may or may not be fixed auto if you move a wall on Level 1 ,  it depends if auto fix foundation is on?  but it doesn't work the other way around.

And don't forget to use the F1 Key to open Help as you work....

• Like 1

Just wanted to come back and say thank you.  Who knew that there was this powerful command called 3D>3D View Defaults>Auto Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings

Turned it off and now I have rebuilt my walls without adding accidental roofs everywhere.