Door Schedule - Hinge Side with Elevation incorrect

BeaconHill

Hello. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with displaying a door schedule with the 3D Elevation showing? I prepared a simple door schedule for a project and wanted to show L or R hinge side/door swing with the elevation of the door. For some reason one of the doors is showing the incorrect elevation for a Left Hand door. I have attached an image with it circled.

I usually do a separate elevation of all of the doors with the door numbers to show the style, but thought I would try it this way this time. My understanding is that if you approach the door with the door swinging away from you, whichever side the hinge is on represents the Left Hand or Right Hand. Or if you stand in the doorway with your back to the hinge, if the door opens to your right it is RH and if it opens to the left it is LH.

Any thoughts or comments on how to fix this or if I am approaching it incorrectly, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

Door Schedule Hinge Side Elevation.jpg

29 minutes ago, BeaconHill said:

Any thoughts or comments on how to fix this or if I am approaching it incorrectly, would be appreciated.

The door has an interior and an exterior and AFAIK that is based on the main layer of the wall. Remember walls have an exterior which is at the top of the wall dbx. If you were to reverse the layer of the wall containing that door, I think it's display would change in the schedule.

Thanks Robert!

That resulted in a fix. It took a bit of work to get it right as when I reversed layers on the walls, it fixed the door in question, but made another one switch in the schedule. Had to break the walls and then reverse that section of wall back again. All is good now though!