Creating base house plan with options

ElkRivers

Do any of you have experience creating a house plan for production, with options that future clients can choose from?  One builder I am drawing for wants me to use a simple house plan as a base and have options like cantilevered bump-out at the dining room, etc, that clients can choose to customize their home.  I am trying to figure out how you'd do that in Chief... Anyone have ideas?  They'd be much appreciated!

Karen

I complete the base plan, get it right and get the con docs finished. Then SAVE AS_Elev B and make those changes. Then go back to the base and SAVE AS_Dining Cantilever and get that done, etc...

Keep them all in the same file and use one layout file, all in the same folder.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

When I needed to build a house and design it, I made a small plan as much as possible without experience in building houses, as I see my house already built. And I think this is the right decision if I definitely want to see something specific. Therefore, when the designers and architects from Boutique Home Plans began the construction of my house, we quickly decided on how the house should look both outside and inside. Since I wouldn't say I like to delay any serious issues too much, I'm glad that this company also deals with the tasks quickly and efficiently. This is exactly what I needed.