Reference Display

BruceKC

When I'm on the foundation plan, and click reference display to look at the floor above for accuracy, it only shows "some" of the walls, but not all of them and they're all the same walls on the exterior.  Further, it's showing "some" roof lines, but not all and I don't want any shown.  When i went to the display options, I made sure that roof planes etc. and all soffits are off.  But they're still showing.  Very confused again.

foundtaion screen shot..jpg

You can edit what your reference display shows - it's one of your layersets - just find it/switch to it and turn on the layers you want to see. Ponywalls could be tricky because they have individual settings in the wall dialogue about what layers they show in plan view - you may have found a funny quirk but I would guess it would be in your Ref Display Layerset, make sure you're turning on your 'walls, layers' layer. that's a tongue twister - good luck!

Ok, so I just noticed that it's not showing pony walls, not sure why, but it's not.  But why are all the roof planes showing?

The pony walls are probably not showing up and the roof planes are because they are on a layer that is either turned on or off in your reference display layer set.  Either that or you are not displaying the reference floor that you intended.  The appearance of these things could also be affected by the XOR display setting.  These are just random guesses though and if you want a better answer you should post your plan that has the issues.

Here is some more information about reference display that you might find helpful:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00475/using-the-reference-display.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5435/using-the-reference-display.html

If all else fails, you may want to contact technical support during our normal business hours.