Object Conversion

Apollosg

Is there anyone that can convert/split this 3D object so I can add it to the library?  I have imported the whole object, but I really only want the fence to put on top of a wall.  I included a screenshot so you have an idea of what I need.  If there is an easy way to do this in side CA, let me know.

I would need it to be 6'4" wide.  Wrought Iron Fence.objWrought Iron Fence.objWrought Iron Fence.obj

image.thumb.png.ce4569df962da5316910300ed9a459d2.pngimage.thumb.png.8f31ec97aee3d69b55281e743b323249.png

Thanks,

Gary

Wrought Iron Fence.stl

21 minutes ago, Apollosg said:

Is there anyone that can convert/split this 3D object so I can add it to the library?  I have imported the whole object, but I really only want the fence to put on top of a wall.  I included a screenshot so you have an idea of what I need.  If there is an easy way to do this in side CA, let me know.

You can drop the object into your plan, take a 3D view, and use the Delete Surface tool to get rid of the unwanted faces.  Then select the object and click the Convert Selected To Symbol tool.  I did this for you as a one time courtesy.

Wrought Iron Panel.calibz

You should take special note that the geometry in that model contains an inordinate number of faces which can quickly start to slow things down in 3D views...particularly if you use multiple instances of the same object.  Even sorting through your library will be slowed down if you click on that object with any 3D preview windows open.