Cloud service with integrated architectural software, like eg. autocad?

Are there cloud services that work together with a software like autocad? I'm searching for a service where I can subscribe to store data (projects) in autocad (or similar), so other professionals can work on the same project via the cloud and the employer can see the progress.

Edit - I guess reading your post again you're actually looking for something like Dropbox or Onedrive. There isn't collaboration tools in Chief like other apps.

18 hours ago, johnny said:

Edit - I guess reading your post again you're actually looking for something like Dropbox or Onedrive. There isn't collaboration tools in Chief like other apps.

Yes, I'm looking for a cad program that operates from a cloud. So the person working with it doesn't have to have the program installed but uses it online and safes the project in the cloud. So he could basically log in on any computer and get straight to work!

I store my Chief projects and Data files in Dropbox on 3 computers.

I have Chief (one license) installed on those 3 computers.

This is IMO the most logical solution.  

59 minutes ago, TeamVilla said:

Yes, I'm looking for a cad program that operates from a cloud. So the person working with it doesn't have to have the program installed but uses it online and safes the project in the cloud. So he could basically log in on any computer and get straight to work!

The closest CAD I know of to do what you want is SoftPlan.  You can load the software on as many computers as you need to get the job done and then transfer your USB hardware key to the machine you want to work on... or buy multiple keys. 

One feature I like is the software tracks when a plan file is in use by someone so another user can't come in and accidently overwrite the file while another is using it.

All projects can be set so they will be automatically saved to the cloud.

SoftPlan Project Screenshot 2021-01-11 102951.jpg

3 minutes ago, parkwest said:

The closest CAD I know of to do what you want is SoftPlan.  You can load the software on as many computers as you need to get the job done and then transfer your USB hardware key to the machine you want to work on... or buy multiple keys. 

Out of curiosity how is that any different than Chief Architect?

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    behrsbuildings
    Newest Member
    behrsbuildings

• By DMoore56
      Looking for freelance drafter to create presentation drawings and do permit plans.
    • By briang372003
      North Texas Design Solutions is a leader in providing custom residential home plans, offering a wide variety of designs that are construction-ready and that cater to a vast array of differing styles. Any of our in-house plans can be modified to meet your needs, or a new custom plan can be created from scratch. Our professional knowledge and experience, paired with your passion and specific needs, enables us to provide you with a home design that will leave you completely satisfied. This is why we say. “Where your ideas become your dream home”

Some of the services we provide:
      3D Rendering, Architectural Design, Architectural Drawings, Barn Design & Construction, Building Design, Custom Homes, Drafting, Floor Plans, Guesthouse Design & Construction, Handicap-Accessible Design, Home Additions, Home Extensions, Home Remodeling, House Plans, New Home Construction, Pool House Design & Construction, Project Management, Site Planning, Tiny House Construction

• By sphome
      any body here work with chief architect and lumion rendering ,,,

this is my simple sample - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sp+home+creation
    • By ChiefSmi
      Hello, 
      My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
      Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp. 
      We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
      For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space. 
      My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
      We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you. 
      Kind regards, Jared Smith 
    • By RonMur
      I've done a floor plan in HD Pro for a home we'd like to build, and I'm looking for a designer that can take the plan and further develop it (site plan, sections, elevations, details, etc.) for permit process and ultimately for construction.