Temporary Dimensions shown when selecting a window

Ange822

I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)

How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!

Angela 

Screen Shot - Click on Window.JPG

Screen Shot.JPG

Angela,

If you have a mnaually drawn dimension that already exists in the plan, Chief will use that instead of producing its own Temporary Dimensions.  Those dimensions you're seeing could be dimensions that you have drawn and that are on a layer that is currently not displayed.  Also, temporary dimensions are controlled in part by your currently Active Dimension Defaults.  So if you have those set to Locate Centers, then your Temporary Dimensions will locate centers as well. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Angela,

If you have a mnaually drawn dimension that already exists in the plan, Chief will use that instead of producing its own Temporary Dimensions.  Those dimensions you're seeing could be dimensions that you have drawn and that are on a layer that is currently not displayed.  Also, temporary dimensions are controlled in part by your currently Active Dimension Defaults.  So if you have those set to Locate Centers, then your Temporary Dimensions will locate centers as well. 

Thank you that was it!

I went to the default setting for Dimensions and for some reason had those items checked off. Thanks again.

Chief Architect - Default Dimensions.PNG

• Like 1