Temporary Dimensions shown when selecting a window

I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)

How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!

Angela 

Screen Shot - Click on Window.JPG

Screen Shot.JPG

Angela,

If you have a mnaually drawn dimension that already exists in the plan, Chief will use that instead of producing its own Temporary Dimensions.  Those dimensions you're seeing could be dimensions that you have drawn and that are on a layer that is currently not displayed.  Also, temporary dimensions are controlled in part by your currently Active Dimension Defaults.  So if you have those set to Locate Centers, then your Temporary Dimensions will locate centers as well. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Angela,

If you have a mnaually drawn dimension that already exists in the plan, Chief will use that instead of producing its own Temporary Dimensions.  Those dimensions you're seeing could be dimensions that you have drawn and that are on a layer that is currently not displayed.  Also, temporary dimensions are controlled in part by your currently Active Dimension Defaults.  So if you have those set to Locate Centers, then your Temporary Dimensions will locate centers as well. 

Thank you that was it!

I went to the default setting for Dimensions and for some reason had those items checked off. Thanks again.

Chief Architect - Default Dimensions.PNG

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Pav-Arch
    Newest Member
    Pav-Arch

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By sascea
      Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!

• By eubanks
      Is there a time effective way to do drywall returns? The attached image is the look I am going for, which I had to do with polyline solids. I have tried all the solutions in this forum. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?_fromLogin=CA2&_processLogin=11&csrfKey=e715967502c760b691e12966cba733f8&ref=&code=CSFNSc4fApHaoLJkMIIN_zkZ

1. I am not interested in workarounds (polyline solids, molding profiles, window treatments)
      2. Simply turning off the frame has the fir framing exposed. See second image. I do not want to create new wall types that are solid drywall.
      3. I would be happy if you could paint the frame the drywall color, but it seems Chief does not have the capability to separate the frame from the sash.

I would think that this is a very common detail, and it would be a huge oversight for all the various industries using this program to not have drywall returns. Thank you all for your time.

• By Hunter51
      Is there a way to do a cedar lintel above your windows? I am not having any luck. I am going to attach a picture of a house to show what I am trying to achieve. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am still fairly new to Chief and I am trying to learn as much as I can.