Walls not splitting properly w/ cathedral ceiling

jonow6

Chief has been really getting to me on this one...

I have a plan with cathedral ceilings. For whatever reason when I enable the 'Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof', Chief decides to put the drywall finish above the roof plane and the siding below... opposite to what it should be.

I've messed around with the settings for about an hour and can figure out why Chief is being such a Glitchmaster :P

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

See attached screenshots and plan file

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

20029-SK-4047Ln6N-PRELIM-4.plan

30 minutes ago, jonow6 said:

Chief has been really getting to me on this one...

I have a plan with cathedral ceilings. For whatever reason when I enable the 'Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof', Chief decides to put the drywall finish above the roof plane and the siding below... opposite to what it should be.

I've messed around with the settings for about an hour and can figure out why Chief is being such a Glitchmaster :P

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

See attached screenshots and plan file

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

20029-SK-4047Ln6N-PRELIM-4.plan

The wall showing there is the attic wall above.  My guess is the wall is backwards.

8 minutes ago, rgardner said:

The wall showing there is the attic wall above.  My guess is the wall is backwards.

Thanks for the thought Ryan,

It is a second story wall and is oriented correctly. Wish the fix was that easy.

2 minutes ago, jonow6 said:

Thanks for the thought Ryan,

It is a second story wall and is oriented correctly. Wish the fix was that easy.

Ok, I opened your plan.  Stop using the spray can!  It should not be used to change your wall definitions.

Open the wall dbx go to materials and set all of your finishes to Default (in library materials bottom left (to the right of the scroll menu) is use default material checkbox.

On top of that you will need to fix your 2nd story and attic walls as they have been manually adjusted (open the dbx go to structures tab and check default wall top and bottom.) set that middle wall you have setup as interior 6.5 below just like the other one as well as combine with wall above...

There are some other issues I have not explained that are not the same problem.  But it has to do with your roof heights for that room.  As well as some other items in other rooms as you can see in this pic.

image.thumb.png.5ed61817dfc3f5b49b3a825320bbdd9d.png

image.thumb.png.7c6935d5a4e2072d2351b062ff04168c.png

• Like 1