Wall going through roof

WayneG

I have got two questions, first and most importantly why do these walls just keep going through the roof? I just cant figure this out. My second question is how do I get the 2nd floor  bedrooms to extend up like in the picture that will match the existing roof. It looks like a dormer of sorts. I tried to cut a hole through the roof, but it didn't work out so well for me. Is there some setting that I have not checked?

Thanks for a reply for someone

Test Untitled 1.plan

Roof.jpg

You have no rooms drawn on your 2nd floor, so it's quite difficult to offer help without spending a lot of time fumbling with guesswork.

The roof in your picture could have been done at least three or more different ways, but since it's a straight-on front elevation it gives very little clue as to how they did it.  Do you have a view from the side?  If not, then you get to try modeling several of the possible solutions to see what you like best. 

Did you auto-build this roof?    Note that the lower roof section of the roof in your picture is a lower pitch, then it steepens partway up.  Your steep roof starting at the bottom will swallow up a 2nd floor.