robdyck

electrical symbols

I can't remember, or quickly find which layer controls the text portion of some electrical symbols. For my electrical set, most layers are light gray...and one of them is affecting the symbol display. It's gray as well, and of course, I want it black.

Can anyone help me out?

image.thumb.png.ae9680c7f124f23d3028b6a2cfb6f78d.png

Layer: Text

The answer actually depends on the specific symbol and its 2D block.  It can literally be any layer.  

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The answer actually depends on the specific symbol and its 2D block.  It can literally be any layer.  

Yes, and it was just some of the older blocks from the Core catalog. I have several of my own where everything was on one layer, and then of course there are many other symbols, and most of them appear to have their text on the default CAD layer.

So far I've only found the two instances in Chief's elec. symbols, either Text or Default Cad.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Marththias
    Newest Member
    Marththias

• By robdyck
      I can't get a skylight to build a square shaft when placing a skylight into a roof plane when the room does NOT have a flat ceiling. In my A-frame project, the ceiling is supplied by the roof and part of the skylight dbx is greyed out. Skylight works fine when its over a flat ceiling. Has anyone else run into this before?

• By robdyck
      If I mull 2 exterior doors together in order to make a patio door that has a mullion, I can't see an option to specify this door as 'exterior' or 'interior'. This affects my schedules as I use a separate schedule for exterior and interior doors, because they're usually from unrelated suppliers. Am I missing something?
      I'd love the ability to be able to add a mullion to a double door.

I now see that can be controlled in the schedule tab by exploding the Door Tab.

• By robdyck
      I have a text macro in a garage plan that references the area of a polyline. In layout, that macro appears blank unless the plan file is open. Is that normal?
      I needed to open the layout file only (or so I thought) and make a few adjustments before printing.

• By Evolution
      This project was set up for paper size Super B 13X19 (because I can print that here in this office for ready check). The client (builder) has decided he wants me to change my layout sheet size to Arch D 24X36, so his subs could read and scale the drawings. I wasn't sure I did this right (after reading what few post I could find), I opened my layout>page "0" reset the print to page size to Arch "D" 24X36, which of course changed how my layout template set to 13X19 fits. I then edited my borders and title block etc., to fit the new layout size.  I then went to each additional sheet that I had added notes, additional info for title block, most everything else fit the new paper size ok.  I can't print a trial drawing but the PDF's I printed with the new sheet size appear to be ok. Does the method I used make sense? I'll send him the PDF set of construction drawings, and he can have them printed. I had previously set up a layout template formatted to Arch "D" but I wasn't sure how to get all my plans and details transferred to the new layout template, since you can only have one layout open at any given time? 

• By Evolution
      Anyone had this happen?  I thought I had painted a color on a library object (without knowing it) but I can't get the strange (grayish) color to go away. I checked the symbol, etc., (a tub shower from the library) it is supposed to be white in the object DBX, and is to some degree. The strange color has also bled into part of a near by door.. no matter what render style I use it shows up?
      I thought it was a shadow, but no matter which way I move the camera it is still there.  Video card?  But this is the only item / time it has happened. 

YARBRO RESIDENCE ADDITION ROOF OPTION 2.zip