Ceiling Plane not Cutting Roof Truss

misterwiley

Hey Folks,

I've run into a situation where my ceiling plane will not cut the roof truss to fit between the ceiling plane and roof plane above. This works on a simple OOB plan but for some reason this plan that I've created wont allow be to create a scissor truss. If anyone has a spare minute to look at the attached screen shots or better yet the plan file and see if maybe I'm missing something here that would be amazing.

Things I've checked so far...

• fully enclosed room where truss is being built
  • room only has roof above this room checked, flat ceiling is unchecked
  • ceiling planes are contained within the interior of the room
  • roof planes cover entire room
  • force rebuilt the truss/deleted and redrew the truss/moved the truss to other locations with same result.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers!

11 Shackleford Dr - Permit Set.plan

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

I would just delete the trusses and try again. If that fails you can delete all but one truss, unlock it layer and then manually alter its shape to fit based upon your manually measuring the distance from the existing truss to the ceiling planes. That will work when nothing else works. Trusses are formed (like walls) with a polyline. Truss polylines can be, when they are unlocked, manually edited. Once you have exactly what you wish, you then lock the truss layer and copy the others over the scissor truss area.

DJP

• Like 1

Hey DJP,

Thanks for your reply! At first I thought you were telling me to open the truss detail window and modify the individual truss cords and webbing to fit my ceiling, which made me grunt, but then after reading more carefully and looking at the tools available I realized you can literally shape a roof truss to be any shape you desire. Particularly love the "break tool" that you can use on a truss while in elevation view. This is amazing and will always save me time now that I know it is there. Thanks DJP!

This is of course a fantastic work around and thank you! But I do wonder why Chief doesn't want to automatically create my scissor truss like it always has before. All the settings appear to be correct. Perhaps there is some unknown bug floating around with the way I created this plan that is causing that automatic function to break. Strange behavior but so glad there are tools available to bypass this and keep me working.

Thanks again!

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

9 hours ago, misterwiley said:

Perhaps there is some unknown bug floating around with the way I created this plan that is

That is why I suggested as your first try to recreate the scissor trusses-I never had it not work myself since version four on Windows 3.1. From time to time "automatic" functions fail, so it is a good thing to know the work arounds when needed. Software is a construct of other Human Beings who are no more "perfect" than you or I.

DJP