Elevation Changes when sent to Layout

goldadamgold

Greetings All, 

Have an issue that I can't quite work around, wondering if anybody can help me undo whatever I'm wrongdoing... 

I'm sending elevations to a Layout page.  I want shower glass to be transparent in the elevation, which it is.  But that same glass, through which I can show tile and fixtures in elevation becomes opaque when sent to layout. 

I can preserve my transparent glass by switching to LIVE VIEW, however, I find plot ljne view far more predictable in what I get in the exported version. 

(I'm sure I'm making some error in there, but I find live view reproduces poorly for my purposes, and Plot Line gives me the control I want.) 

Any suggestions, I'd be grateful. 

thanks.

18 minutes ago, goldadamgold said:

Greetings All, 

Have an issue that I can't quite work around, wondering if anybody can help me undo whatever I'm wrongdoing... 

I'm sending elevations to a Layout page.  I want shower glass to be transparent in the elevation, which it is.  But that same glass, through which I can show tile and fixtures in elevation becomes opaque when sent to layout. 

I can preserve my transparent glass by switching to LIVE VIEW, however, I find plot ljne view far more predictable in what I get in the exported version. 

(I'm sure I'm making some error in there, but I find live view reproduces poorly for my purposes, and Plot Line gives me the control I want.) 

Any suggestions, I'd be grateful. 

thanks.

I also prefer plot lines, however there are NO transparent materials for the Vector View rendering style which is used for Plot lines. There are a couple of ways around this, but they are all work. You can model the shower glass to be on its own layer which you'll need turned OFF. You can then replace the glass with a CAD polyline with a solid-color transparent fill style to represent the glass. Depending on how your shower wall is define this may be a bit tricky. The example images show the above mentioned technique used for glass deck railing.

image.thumb.png.e0fed374be547e3996c6240ea893098b.pngimage.thumb.png.925dbbb28c5f3bc59343c71993ea74f9.png

• Like 1

Thanks.  I actually did place the shower glass elements into their own layer as a workaround.  But I hadn't thought of re-creating them. 

Just so I'm clear - the vector view can make a material transparent if I do it as a polyline solid, but it won't do it for materials in the shower walls?  

12 minutes ago, goldadamgold said:

Just so I'm clear - the vector view can make a material transparent if I do it as a polyline solid, but it won't do it for materials in the shower walls?  

No. No material will be transparent in vector view. The transparency is just the fill pattern of a simple 2d CAD polyline that has been drawn in that elevation view, section view, or in layout.

• Like 1