Do You Use 'Room Type' When Designating Rooms and Their Usage?

HumbleChief

...mostly thinking about 'Deck, Balconies and Porches' as they all seem to behave just a bit differently but those differences can often throw me and I'll revert back to 'unspecified' so I can manage the behavior I'm familiar with. I currently have 2 'decks' on a house and can't decide to leave them as 'decks' or switch to 'unspecified' to keep sane - or go more insane trying to manage a room that's a deck as not being a deck? You?

@HumbleChief I often use room types, though lately not as much since I've been using the style palette tool and room types don't function properly with that tool.
What specifically is the consideration for not using the deck room designation? 
I have Porch/Deck/Balcony setup with my own standards in my default template.

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

@HumbleChief I often use room types, though lately not as much since I've been using the style palette tool and room types don't function properly with that tool.
What specifically is the consideration for not using the deck room designation? 
I have Porch/Deck/Balcony setup with my own standards in my default template.

Thanks Rene, It just seems to mess me up at some point in the design process. Keep framing/retain framing/posts to footings/footings/plank materials/rim joists materials. At some point I seem to lose the plot and am sure it's very much user error. Perhaps I just need to set up my template more accurately as you have done?