Custom Room Components reporting in schedule

rgardner

Is there a way that a custom component added to a room could be reported in a schedule automatically?

Case:  Builder wants a very detailed Room Finish schedule where a 2d symbol will be placed in each room that defines each wall as A, B, C, or D.  In the room finish schedule there would be corresponding columns and it would report the finish type and color that was added to the room components such as "Wall A: BM Bone 3333-30".  I have been trying a few different ways to do this and am not happy with any of them so far.  The best I could come up with was create a new material called "Wall A: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4" another named "Wall B: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4", Another  "Wall C: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4", and a fourth called Wall D: BM Red 9999-90 skip trowel) then add each one as a wall material to the room.  But doing so gives me a combined wall finish that reads: "Wall A: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4, Wall B: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4, Wall C: BM Bone 3333-30 level 4, Wall D: BM Red 9999-90 skip trowel all in the same Wall Finish column.

image001.thumb.png.5d70c08cf317ff3e7556bb3769797f3e.png

Anyway to add the custom components?  Another way of doing it that someone smarter than me has figured out.  I know that I can convert the schedule to text at some point and copy paste the information into custom made "blank" columns but would love to know if it's possible to do so with chief automatically???

39 minutes ago, rgardner said:

the custom components

Abandon the Room finish schedule.
Use Custom Fields in a note with an accompanying note schedule
Add the newly created custom field to your note schedules "Columns to Include" 

Even easier and more dynamic to do it using notes with custom fields as you could just drop them ontop of the walls instead of opening a wall up, assuming you didn't need specific data from the wall assy itself. Easy to save the note to library for future use

26 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Only other thought would be to use window, door , casing, sill materials to drive the other finishes and simply rename in columns to include

The client also wants crown, base, casing, flooring, etc.