Foundation Walls Beneath Walls with Railings?

kwhitt

I've got a home with a screened porch and two terraces.  Is it possible to have CA auto-build foundation walls for these room types?  If so, what's the workaround?  Thanks, Kevin

Untitled 1.jpg

13 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.e476339d5b87db80fd4853a882498a40.png

Thanks Eric.  I was looking in the wrong DBX.  So far, so good.  But, now I have a gap below the porch and terrace platform where brick is needed.  Do I need to define these walls as pony walls with a brick bottom to correct this?  Attached is the file if it helps.  Thanks again, Kevin

Untitled 2.jpg

CHF_Midyette Retreat_05-27-20.plan

Kevin,

If you want Chief to properly fill in gaps above and below your defined room with the proper wall type, then your railing walls need to be assigned that wall type.  That's the only way Chief knows what to put there.  Instead of using the "Screen Porch Railing" wall type, change those walls to the Brick-4 Wall Type.  In addition, you'll need to make sure that all those walls are oriented correctly so some of them may need to be flipped. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Kevin,

If you want Chief to properly fill in gaps above and below your defined room with the proper wall type, then your railing walls need to be assigned that wall type.  That's the only way Chief knows what to put there.  Instead of using the "Screen Porch Railing" wall type, change those walls to the Brick-43 Wall Type.  In addition, you'll need to make sure that all thsoe walls are oriented correctly so some of them may need to be flipped. 

Worked great!  Thanks!