Scharp

Cant see the stairs

I can draw stairs and see them in 3d but cant see them in 2d!  Please help me

In Plan View (2d), verify that your stairs on on the layer "Stairs & Ramps" and that Disp (display) for that layer is checked. Next, verify that you are on the floor level on which you created the stairs.  In other words, if you want the stairs to go from Level 1 to Level 2, make sure you are currently on Level 1.  They will not appear on Level 2 until you create a "Stairwell" that creates a framed opening through the ceiling.  Also, you must have a "floor" on the second level--not just the "attic".  Hope this helps!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    goshgolly
    Newest Member
    goshgolly

• By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.

• By edos301
      Hello, I need help creating this specific balaced stair in chief architect premier x12. 
      The only thing i could think of was to manually create every step from slabs. I still need to corect some steps from plan view but at least the height and length are good - now how can i add the rails on the inside and outside walls?

Or maybe is wrongfully thought from the start; what is the simplest, smartest way to create this type of stairs?

• By Designer100
      Hey guys,

I ariginally had cable rails and now I cannot get stairs to go back to noarmal stairs. Ballusters are not showing and I need to deleter the cable rails that are showing up in specs. Stairs has been move from another part of floor plans. Proably something simple.

Can someone help?

Thanks for any help. 

Richie_house._La_OPT._2_02_17.2020.zip
    • By Texas_Chief_Pros
      Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design