Wall display in plan view?

ACADuser

9 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

I guess I forgot to remove the manual ceiling plane when I replied to Ryan.

See attached, this is with mono sloped roof & NO Manual Ceiling Plane.

CA Ceiling plane.JPG

And it issue is?   all you should now need to do is open the truss's DBX >check Sloped Flat Truss>check Force Rebuild>OK

Is the Pink dashed line yours or Chief's auto layer changed?

M.

5 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Well, I did not know about that procedure/setting. That worked perfectly.

The pink is my 9' desired plate height line.

Thanks for the education. (Again)

I mention this yesterday and today......You have the Room set at 109"  set it to 108" if you want a 9'  "Plate Height" and rebuild the roof and the truss.

Michael mentioned the "procedure" yesterday ...guess you missed that post ?

image.thumb.png.fde2e3802cf589d10ba9dc90d7f34cdb.png

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:33 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure I understand what you're after, so this may not apply, but the ceiling shouldn't be a necessity.  All you should need to do is set the truss to Sloping Flat Truss. 

M.

• Like 1

PS forgot to mention you should be using the option on the Wall's Structure Tab to "Balloon Walls through"

as the Mason's will obviously lay the walls Full Height , this also eliminates your Attic Wall issue...

( except where the window is as the Window will Stop Chief from deleting the Attic Wall - so do it manually and put the window back)

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/25914-chasing-attic-walls/?do=findComment&comment=208271

M.

Oops, I did not catch the 109" That plan came from Nester in his attempt to help.

Using the corrected 108 the wall is built correctly.

Yes, your " All you should need to do is set the truss to Sloping Flat Truss " comment went over my head as I have never used that setting before.

That did allow for the proper building of the truss.

I think I needed the attic wall as I did not want the window above the doors to show in plan view. So I placed the window in the attic wall.

Now I have to remember that the attic wall is no longer "Auto-Generated" and I am responsible for any change to it in the future. (Thanks to Michael) :)

So the truss looks good now & the wall is the correct height. Only think now id to modify the truss seat to flat on top of the wall, lock it & replicate it.

CA Flat Truss.JPG

5 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Only thing now is to modify the truss seat to flat on top of the wall, lock it & replicate it.

Only the hard part left then :)  , it can be a bit finicky.

You might want to add Truss and Attic Walls to the OP Tags , others will likely find this info helpful too when they search.

Mick.