Black Work Space? Has Anyone Found A Way To Inverse Colors Without Affecting Print Output?

zowie123

Hey all,

My eyes get tired of staring into a 30" light bulb all day and I'm sure it can't be good for humans to do so.  

Has anyone found a way to work with a black background that doesn't screw up printing in gray scale or black and white. 

It would be a shame if we all went blind before all the Autocad geeks just because we wanted some 3D action:)

Thank you, Barry

For the same reasons as you Barry I changed my background color to a real faint "peach" color. Took all the strain off my eyes that the white created. Having a black background creates a different set of eye issues. With that said your screen background color and printing have no relationship to each other.

Thanks Gary, 

After a bit of searching, I found this little program that works like a charm. It's called Negative Screen, very easy to turn on and off.  It's a small program, work from the task bar, right click the icon to adjust.  Comes with themes and can make your own.   Much better than using the Windows magnifier option.  

Answered my own question all by my self.  

Thank 

OK here's my research on the dark screen and background for everything in windows 7.  It's much easier on the eyes, but it takes a few days to get used to working with..  Keep in mind, theme changing all windows dark gray and black is much easier in windows 8.  

Theres' a Google extension that changes all webpage backgrounds to black too.  

There are plenty of dark themes out there on the net, just search Windows 7 themes and look for one that changes all the menus as well as the desktop.   I went with Steam Beta which is a dark gray and still allows Chief Tools too be seen.  Steam comes with it's own program to pry open theme management permissions.  Yes do a virus scan and read up on what's going on, I did't find anything.  There are youtube videos on how to change themes in Windows 7.  You should do a virus scan as you're doing this.   The result is worth the effort.  I'm no longer staring into a light bulb all day. 

Cheers!

I use a grey or parchment background in Chief for just this reason.

This is a little off topic, but I have for a long time used select all to make web reading more comfortable.

Right click on this post and pick select all and you should have a refreshing blue background with nice

white lettering,  easy to look at.