3 D Walkthrough

stager386

Having trouble making a path for 3d walkthrough. Seems to be 2 very different ways of doing it. I can't get continuous path when i turn a corner. And I can't get the sunlight setting to be where I want it. Thoughts? The one walkthrough video is hard to follow and its out of date.

To create corners you can convert your walkthrough path to an advanced polyline so you can lay out the path and drag the lead camera where you want to advance it to then add breaks and cameras as necessary along the way.  Personally I like to be able to use normal spline or at least be able to convert between normal and advanced.  To do that you would need to draw a standard polyline and convert it to a spline which can then be converted to and advanced spline and then back again.  I think maybe it was that way in some previous version.  Your camera settings need to be done in defaults for the Full Camera.  Sunlight can be set in 3D View Defaults > Sunlight. You can also make some adjustment to your ambient light levels etc in your rendering technique defaults but these are often quite different than you would normally use for still renderings and it would be really handy to have these as separate defaults for walkthroughs as I often need to use a separate file to do walkthroughs which is not fun at all.  Unfortunately there are still some other useful settings that are out of reach for walkthrough path recordings that we should have access to.

• 4 weeks later...