Bay Window Advice

LouFabb

Greetings,

The bay window in my plan has problems that I cannot solve:

I've been searching through the catalogs for a copper roof for a bay window, I could not find one so I used a conventional asphalt roof which is an not ideal look. Does anyone know of a copper roof anywhere in the catalogs for this purpose? If not how do I fix this roof so it looks correct?

The interior ceiling also looks weird, I've tried many times to make it look seamless but am unsuccessful. I have check my structure numbers and they seem right?

The exterior view shows framing that appears through the wall, cannot fix this.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks, Lou F.

bay_window.zip

bay_wind_ext.jpg

bay_wind_int.jpg

1 hour ago, LouFabb said:

Greetings,

The bay window in my plan has problems that I cannot solve:

I've been searching through the catalogs for a copper roof for a bay window, I could not find one so I used a conventional asphalt roof which is an not ideal look. Does anyone know of a copper roof anywhere in the catalogs for this purpose? If not how do I fix this roof so it looks correct?

The interior ceiling also looks weird, I've tried many times to make it look seamless but am unsuccessful. I have check my structure numbers and they seem right?

The exterior view shows framing that appears through the wall, cannot fix this.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks, Lou F.

bay_window.zip

bay_wind_ext.jpg

bay_wind_int.jpg

The main roof of the house is lower than the ceiling in the bay window "room".  You also should raise the bay window roof so that the fascia is at the same height as your "main" roof...then lower the pitch of this roof to may 4/12.  You should also lower the bay window room ceiling height.  I lowered it to 81" in my example below...looks good to me.  

Hope that helps.

2020-02-25_11-05-26.thumb.png.e2197400af2fce2f12a6d6b6b11397b1.png2020-02-25_11-11-14.thumb.png.ae53adbeed5f481959777e65865916d9.png

Thanks SNestor and solver, using your advice I was able to complete the task. I found the awning and redrew the windows using the bay window tool, it took a while to figure out but I got it. Adjusting the ceiling height was the solution for the weird interior look. I now know to send the plan file instead of the backup file.

Thanks again, Lou F.