Monolithic Foundation Wall at Porch

lavorhaynie

I have a plan with a monolithic slab foundation. It has a large porch with the floor dropped 4" from the main floor. The porch uses a monolithic footer, supposedly stepped down (4") from the main foundation. 

How do I get the step-down to model properly. Currently the porch foundation maintains the main floor elevation as seen in the attached picture. Also, in plan view the porch foundation wall does not have the same visual characteristics as the house foundation wall, as can be seen in the attached picture.

I also attached the plan (X11).

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a preexisting A-frame with the two wings to be added.

876513681_A-Frameporchfndnwall2.thumb.PNG.f06f3c7060f92c05acc972b371b67f3e.PNG1176023858_A-Frameporchfndnwall1.thumb.PNG.c1b04c36d7a091f6ef32e0c499d2588b.PNG

A-Frame.zip

3 hours ago, lavorhaynie said:

I have a plan with a monolithic slab foundation. It has a large porch with the floor dropped 4" from the main floor. The porch uses a monolithic footer, supposedly stepped down (4") from the main foundation. 

How do I get the step-down to model properly. Currently the porch foundation maintains the main floor elevation as seen in the attached picture. Also, in plan view the porch foundation wall does not have the same visual characteristics as the house foundation wall, as can be seen in the attached picture.

I also attached the plan (X11).

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a preexisting A-frame with the two wings to be added.

I'm not a slab expert...but, I think if you change the stem wall top elevation (in the porch room) you will fix the issue.  See attached pic.  

2020-02-14_20-55-43.thumb.png.bef1756c7788beef96893866c4b95e68.png

Also, the porch room has a floor...why did you extend the slab into that room?  I don't you need to do that.  

2020-02-14_21-00-30.thumb.png.6e0e9e8e6b3a9bf05a3c12e3de2641f7.png

Steve,

Thank you for the information.  It worked fine.  Thought I had tried that setting before but must have not.

I am still debating whether I will do a foundation wall or point footers under the columns.  So, currently I have both the porch room and the extended slab in place.  I will eventually eliminate one of them.

Thanks again and have a super weekend!