Client Information Not Saving In Plan File

4hotshoez

When I create a new plan file I put the client's information in Tools>Project Information>Client Information so I can use it on the drawings. But I have had to re-enter the information when

1. I "Save As" on the plan file. That information is not porting over to the new file.

2. Anytime I create a new Layout. What is the point of putting it in Layout if it will not read the info from the plan file.

If this is the norm, I am not sure what the point of these text macros are for if the program will not save them. I hope I am wrong in my assessment and would invite any corrections.

Put that info on the layout. Also you can set up template plans both plan and layout and link them, add any info,(plans, elevations, sections you want and use those for new plans. When I start a new plan, I start with my plan and layout and everything is already linked ,camera views, sections, all plan types. My plan template file has a basis box house and all the usual fixtures ready to go. You can also use Scott's SAM method where you just take your last plan and layout rename it and delete items that don't apply in the new plan and go from there.