Junior Question

Designer1

Does anyone know how to customize the room labels?   For instance, usually it will just saying Living Room or Kitchen with the size 12'X 14' ex.  Now one of my plans has that plus the square footage and its just too much information. 

I went to the room labels default but don't see the selections of chosing sq feet and other selections.  I use to remember where to go for this and now I forget!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Glenn, that was it!  I remember back in the day in earlier versions you could click on many selections of what you wanted to add to room labels.  I couldn't remember what version it changed.  Thanks again for the reply Glenn, I appreciate it very much!

Thanks Glenn, to be honest with you that is something I haven't even explored yet in Chief dealing with Macros.  Another tool Ive never used in chief is the ruby console...whatever that does...haha... I just say it adds bling to my dashboard!

Ive used nearly all the tools just a few that I haven't but the ones I haven't used, I have no clue what they even do.  Looks like it might be optimal for me to be adventurous on a slow day and go check out the nifty buttons and trinkets on the dashboard I never used before... feels like the first time driving a car again!

Glenn, I have noticed when I do turn off Room standard area in layer settings it also turns off all my text when I use the text tool.  How do I separate the two, so I don't have the standard area displayed yet still have the text tool labels I put on various items?

Eric I can do without sarcasm, I asked a question for help. 

Clearly by default some of my settings on certain plans have the standard area and text on the same layer.  My question is why is this like that on some and not all because Im not having this on all the plans.  At this point with all of the work done and clicking off the layers, I need to figure out how to separate the two so I don't have to manually select all of my custom text and switch layers.

Great thanks Eric!  No, each time I get a new version of chief I always start with the default plan that comes with that version and only making modifications with hardware, moldings, paint etc.  So I never mess with layers like what Im experiencing with a few of these plans. Never in 16 years of using chief have I had this problem before, that's why it was so puzzling,  I couldn't understand why this was for some but not all plans.  Looks like I will try some of these recommendations you gave and try them out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it!