JeremyNeilKelly

Wanted: CA experienced Associate for Seattle Design/Build Residential Remodeling Firm

Design Associate for Residential Remodeling

Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for detail-oriented Design Associate in our Seattle operations. Our projects include whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency, and more. Successful candidates with have experience drafting in Chief Architect / AutoCAD, materials research, taking job site measurements, estimating and project scheduling. Neil Kelly Design Associates are key to facilitating the design-build process, and must have the ability to draft and render with both the clients’ and builders’ perspectives in mind.

Check us out at www.neilkelly.com

Apply at www.neilkelly.com/careers/

• Upvote 1

Howdy,

Just scrolling thru ChiefTalk, and happened across your post.

I've been residential designer in Northern California for 20 years, inherited business from my dad, who started 30 years before that.

I'm moving to N Idaho, in the Late Spring, but will continue working in California. I've also thought a lot about working in OR/WA as well.

If you're interested in a "telecommuter", ring me up. (707)456-0185

Regards,

Cris

www.jonesdrafting.com

Lived in the area for a few months last year and thinking about returning. Any idea of salary? Seattle is an expensive area of the country and I'd like to know the pay before applying. 

thanks,

Tony Wright

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cbling
    Newest Member
    cbling

• By RichM1
      Summary: We're creating a vaulted tray ceiling in a house that started as a double-wide mobile home. I want to model the existing "trusses" so that I can figure out how to do the rafters to frame out the new ceiling. I cannot figure out how to do this though. 

Details: 
      This house started out as a double-wide mobile home. It's been remodeled several times, huge portions added, walls rebuilt in places, rooms moved, walls removed. But the roof structure through the middle of the house is a 2.5/12 pitch, framed as follows: 2x2 rafter, 2x2 joist, 16" OC, with 12" pieces of 1/4" paneling used as gussets every 12". The tall wall has 1/2" plywood as a ridge beam.  I attached a drawing that shows each side. 

I tried changing the rafter and joist settings to 1.5" x 1.5", but it insists on building roof framing with 6" rafters floating above the walls, and framing the tall wall with studs that are in the room wall below. 

I tried to manually draw the framing in like the CAD detail drawing I attached, but I can't figure out how to rotate the 2x2 rafter to the 2.5/12 pitch angle. I figured I'd draw one "truss" manually, and then replicate/copy it across every 16". But after about 6 hours (admittedly I'm new to this app) I still couldn't figure it out. 

I put both sides together, and added the 2x6 rafters and 2x4 cross brace. Then we plan to cut the trusses back flush with the rafters and brace. The wall will be coming out of the middle. There's no code here, unincorporated county, so no building inspection to send this through.

Is there a way I can take this CAD drawing and use it for the actual rafters - extrude the 2D shapes into 3D? 

• By 10HULZN
      Design/Build Remodeling company based in Bellevue, WA seeking creative and disciplined architectural designer to work in fun and collaborative company culture.

Requirements:
      Experience with Chief Architect design software Architectural design certificate or better 5+ years architectural design experience Residential permitting process experience Ability to work with others  
      Duties:
      Research lot setbacks, IRC code requirements and/or restrictions that need to be incorporated into plans. Supply energy calculations, engineering or additional drawings to building departments as required. Create a set of construction drawings, which will be referenced throughout the permitting and construction phases with details sufficient to build from and all structural elements resolved including electrical and HVAC. Detail interior and exterior aesthetics, mechanical systems, etc. as requested. Manage permit submittal, corrections and issuance.
    • By Texas_Chief_Pros
      Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design

• By kimhollis
      Weidmann Remodeling is a Design/Build firm working in the North Atlanta area and is looking for a Chief Architect experienced Interior Designer in the North Atlanta/ Roswell area to work with clients on choosing selections, creating selection sheets, working with cabinet shop drawings, working with selection and allowance sheets, and communicating to concepts to production.  Please contact Kim Hollis (kim@weidmannremodeling.com) or Dan Weidmann (dan@weidmannremodeling.com) or call 770.552.8396 for further information.

• By PGI-chief
      We are a design/build firm specializing in upscale residential remodeling pojects.  We are looking to add a project architect / draftsperson to our design team.

Candidates can see our job posting and apply at the following:
      Indeed:
      https://www.indeedjobs.com/pagenstecher-group-inc/_hl/en_US?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLuV7xMD8uRK8bEhT0_zxtxA

LinkedIn:
      https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/architect-at-pagenstecher-group-inc-1098334281