Randino

Joining two roofs at ridge

I want to add a porch and roof and meet an existing root at specific location. How to I specify the specific location?

See attach. I've fixed the location of the dormer. The porch roof (shed type) needs to end here and on top of the porch beam.  The pitch is what ever it needs to be. I tried to specify two pitches on the porch wall, but I don't distance from the porch wall to the a point just in front of the dormer.

I tried to move the baseline up on the main roof thinking Chief would tell me the height and then I could change the ridge height of the porch roof to match. I couldn't get it to work.

Roof Problem.plan

Draw your roof over the porch dragging it up to meet the roof it needs to connect to. Open the roof plane and set its ridge equal to the fascia top height from the upper roof plane.

BRILLIANT!!!! That was the ticket. 

Thanks for the quick

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By cjanderson66
      I know this discussion has been discussed before but I am having an issue with the roofs overhangs.  I have not had this issue before as most of the time the Boxed overhangs have worked but not this time.  I have tried everything in the book to make my overhangs boxed and nothing is working.  Any idea why my overhangs will show a boxed overhang?

• By wallyderf1
      How do you isolate an existing drawn roof and still modify others.
    • By DCB123
      I am having some issues trying to figure out this plan now
      as i did not start the plan and took over midstream.
      Anyhow, the roof is not lining up in the far right corner as you will see
      in the attached photo.
      Any possible answers or help here is greatly appreciated!
      Can't post the plan file as there are privacy issues here.
      Thx,

DCB
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design
      (970)987-4476 c
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com

• By RobersonConstruc
      I am having an issue creating this roof plane. I will attach a copy of the picture of the roof I am trying to recreate and a copy of my plan. Also, why do roof planes no share the same ridge, baseline, and facia even if the look level on my 3D view? I am having real problems with roof planes. I am missing the plane coming off of the gable and connecting to the plane attaching 90 degrees to cover the deck. I have tried to auto create the roof over the deck and that does not give me a suitable design. Tips on how to create that gable would be appreciated also. I was able to create I just think I used a convoluted process. Any help and tips would be appreciated. Also attached is a 3D view of what I have completed.
      Floor Plan.plan

3D view.dwg
    • By Trendsighter
      Three-month-old "Chief" using a 2011 27" iMac on Premier 9

I'm having difficulty moving a valley rafter over to have all 4" pitch rafter sections meet equally. All exterior framing spans are 24'. I've built homes for 25+ years and can see what needs to be done but can't get it done on-screen. I've downloaded three files. Perhaps someone can send me in the right direction?