Unwanted Roof Objects In Elevation View

ACADuser

Look at the attached picture,

I think the ceiling plane extends out too far so the poly solid I used for the arch doesn't cover the ceiling.

Also looks like the eve vents or something is exposed below the soffit that is following the roof slope.

How to deal with these items?

post-2435-0-42968400-1412342390_thumb.png

Plan attached.

Do I need to do that Save Complete or can you manage with .plan file as is?

Also while you are looking, I deleted the rear gable walls trying to get the freeze to go all the way down.

It only appeared on the gable wall over the covered porch. Now I can't get the gable wall to rebuild.

CA is so new to me that I am struggling with some of the basic things, at least they should be basic things. :)

Thanks for the input.

I figured out what is causing the odd elements in the picture posted but not how to correct it.

The porch is a room with invisible exterior walls. Although not seen these walls are driving the roof & ceiling objects.

The Beams that hold the roof up are set back from the exterior of the wall some 6 to 8 inches so the ceiling ( am guessing) is a vaulted ceiling element that is now exposed.

Why it is offset from the top chord of the trusses I haven't figured out.

post-2435-0-66069500-1412354353_thumb.png

It is a conflict with the ceiling. If you suppress the ceiling on your roof planes the offending bits go away. You may need to suppress the ceiling n your porch as well. You can then use the ceiling plae tool to create a custom ceiling plane to suit your design.

To suppress ceiling on roof - Roof plane dbx - options tab - uncheck "use room ceiling finish"

To supress porch ceiling - Room specification - structure tab - uncheck "ceiling over this room"