Bump Maps

DH7777

I'm using x11 now. I used to use x7 and when I wanted to apply a bump map and adjust it, It was already in the material texture dialog, just check the box and adjust. I am totally confused on x11 because now when I get to this point there is no box to check just a Browse button. Am I now supposed to search for bump maps (that don't exist on my workstation)? I even see Normal map and Ambient Occlusion Map with Browse buttons. Same question and IF I can figure out what I'm browsing for on my computer I would love to know how these would affect or improve my ray traces.

9 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

I'm using x11 now. I used to use x7 and when I wanted to apply a bump map and adjust it, It was already in the material texture dialog, just check the box and adjust. I am totally confused on x11 because now when I get to this point there is no box to check just a Browse button. Am I now supposed to search for bump maps (that don't exist on my workstation)? I even see Normal map and Ambient Occlusion Map with Browse buttons. Same question and IF I can figure out what I'm browsing for on my computer I would love to know how these would affect or improve my ray traces.

This is a very very complex question to answer simply, if the material does not provide a bump map than you must supply one. You may want to check that your libraries are up to date as CA has added a lot of textures with bump/normal maps.

I would say you need to do your own research on bump maps etc...far too much info to get into on these forums when there are gangs of sites explaining the complexity of diffuse/bump/normal/roughness/displacement/clipping/ao/translucency/emissivity/roughness/medium/refraction/anisotropy etc.

2 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

This is a very very complex question to answer simply, if the material does not provide a bump map than you must supply one. You may want to check that your libraries are up to date as CA has added a lot of textures with bump/normal maps.

I would say you need to do your own research on bump maps etc...far too much info to get into on these forums when there are gangs of sites explaining the complexity of diffuse/bump/normal/roughness/displacement/clipping/ao/translucency/emissivity/roughness/medium/refraction/anisotropy etc.

Roger that....Our company has just purchased x11  two weeks ago and I would think once it uploaded it would be up to date. I will research more to see if I need to update more or put a call into CA Thanks Rene!

31 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Roger that....Our company has just purchased x11  two weeks ago and I would think once it uploaded it would be up to date. I will research more to see if I need to update more or put a call into CA Thanks Rene!

Here,

OneDrive Link

This is a scene I use to test items before I offer them up for free..some maybe interesting material constructs in this scene that you can work backwards with.

Capture.thumb.PNG.a6a43b16b67ee6dea64e2bdb7c26ecc4.PNG

• Like 1