Doorway vs pass thru

Designer1

I created a generic example of what I was trying to accomplish in a much more complex plan.  The two on the left are doorways, the two on the right are pass thrus.  There are some benefits too both as they have different options like jambs and sills. 

The challenge Im having with both are I want the tile to completely cover the bottom portion of the opening.  The examples shown in the picture are the entire surround of the frame tiled or only the sills without it covering the entire bottom portion of the opening.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Doorway vs Passthru.jpg

No Eric those pictures I just posted were just examples and not windows.  This application was for a second floor covered loggia that only included a pass thru vs balusters and traditional railings for outdoor rooms.  The spanish tile was for the bottom portion of the opening kind of like a sill but that went from the apron area of both sides. Basically like example 1 and 3 accept without having the tile run up the sides and top of the framing. 

The link you sent would have been great had this been a window application but its just for an open pass thru.

Doorway vs Passthru.jpg

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The link you sent would have been great had this been a window application but its just for an open pass thru.

Pass through has the same options for treatments as windows do.  You just need to create the symbol which is easy in X11 now.