I have designed a pergola and a deck. I cannot get the terrian to show right. It needs to be zero of level at back of deck by pool deck and slowly slope down to a bayou. it needs to be 36" to grade at edge of outer deck Then a stair going down to the end of stair which is around 5 fr lower that top of deck. I have not did much terrian and would appreciate your help. This is just a remodeling and adding a deck from the pool. 

Thank  you,

Nerwell

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

Pergola_.plan

Terrian Issue at Deck .jpg

11X17.layout

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katienflack
    Newest Member
    katienflack

• By KDsnyder
      I have a building which has a staircase outside of the structure that I'd like to display on the second floor plan. Is there a way to do this without creating walls under the stairs or encasing the area with invisible walls? Thanks!
    • By HCremodel
      I have needed tom place stairs that go through a doorway on multiple occasions, and every time I try it would seem the program glitches and usually breaks the wall or the doorway so you can see the structural materials. The best solution I have found was placing two staircases on either side of the opening, but even that solution isn't perfect. Has anyone found a solution to this?? Am I doing something wrong? I feel like it's pretty common for stairs to go through openings, so it would seem odd to me if chief would not have an option for that.... I attached a picture of what I am encountering. I am using premier x13 beta, but this was also a problem in x12 

• By CCOTEY
      Hello,

I'm new to chief architect and I'm having trouble with this tricky sloped wall. For some reason this weird cut out that reflects the shape of the stair railings is showing up on the ceiling. If anyone has recommendations on how to fix this please share! Thanks

• By JamesKCI
      Hey All,

My company is in the process of making the switch from Autodesk Revit to Chief Arch (Version X12) and I have been spending my time trying to create a lot of commonly used design elements we use on our plans but I have run into a hiccup. I'm trying to create a small, inset-type staircase (attached image is what I've done in Revit in the past) that is typically used on our plans to go from grade-level sidewalk to the main floor elevation. In my attempts, stairs either fail to recognize the elements around them or if I create them like I would in Revit in creates this garbled configuration where the stairs are their own room and the footprint of the stairs themselves cut a hole through the roof.

Checking Forums, YouTube, and the Chief site have all yielded nothing and I in my limited knowledge cannot figure it out. What am I missing?

• By No1ZZTopfan
      A bit of an issue. I have two staircases. One from the basement to the first floor. Directly above are the other stairs which go from the first to the second floor. When I run "Auto Stairwell" on the basement stairs, the other stairs drop to the basement. I have never had this issue in any other versions. Why? (See attached screen shoot). Running CA12 on Win10Pro.

Thanks in advance.