Sunken floor using invisible wall

kwhitt

I have a sunken floor in a great room.  Where the lower floor meets the higher one, there is no wall behind the baseboard as can be seen in the attached image.  I followed the video "Dropping a Floor and Raising the Ceiling of a Room" and used an invisible wall as instructed.  I'm sure it's a setting in the wall properties, but I am unable to find it.  I'd appreciate some help with this.  Kevin

floor platform.jpg

1 hour ago, kwhitt said:

I have a sunken floor in a great room.  Where the lower floor meets the higher one, there is no wall behind the baseboard as can be seen in the attached image.  I followed the video "Dropping a Floor and Raising the Ceiling of a Room" and used an invisible wall as instructed.  I'm sure it's a setting in the wall properties, but I am unable to find it.  I'd appreciate some help with this.  Kevin

floor platform.jpg

Would use a half wall and adjust the height according to your sunken floor elevation. You can do this after the fact by designating your invisible wall as a railing in the wall dbx. general tab and in rail style tab set it to solid. Then designate the height in the newels/balusters tab

• Upvote 1